Jesus Followers Are Unified In Mission
“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.”
What is Alaska Mission Connection?
Alaska Mission Connection exists to facilitate networking between churches, ministry organizations, missionaries and Christian workers in Alaska. Its website and Facebook page is a place for the community of evangelical believers and organizations who are spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Alaska to unite, communicate and be encouraged!
Did you know that in Alaska there are well over 200 different evangelical ministry organizations most with multiple staff or missionaries? In fact, Alaska has more non-profit (501 c 3) organizations per capita than any other state!
Often these people and organizations work independently of one another or take little opportunity to assist, strategize, encourage or pray for each other. Our hope is to see that changed!
Alaska Mission Connection desires to build working relationships in the body of Christ leading to a unified effort of reaching all Alaska for Christ! This may be accomplished by:
- Strategic planning, partnering or collaboration with like-kind ministries.
- Communicating events, needs, resources, encouragements.
- Sharing needs and prayer requests privately or to the larger community.
- Serving ministries as the Lord provides opportunity.
In short, the body of Christ benefits to a much greater degree when we help each other in our common Mission: Spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Alaska and beyond while making Disciples for HIM!
What ministry leaders are saying about AMC
“Alaska is enormous in size and opportunity. Without this AMC communication tool we are unable to do all that God wants us to do in this State to reach many for Christ. We are finally connected!”
Dr. Keith J. Hamilton
Alaska Christian College
“The task at hand is so much greater than any one organization. We must partner with others to achieve our goals of seeing God’s Kingdom grow across the North.”
Assistant Area Director
“AMC is our opportunity as ministries in Alaska to fulfill Christ’s earnest prayer for unity (John 17). Through our unity we will be a powerful witness to the lost world.”
former Executive Director
Missionary Aviation Repair Center
“I am hoping and praying that God will awaken Alaska, I believe the Alaska Mission Connection may be one of the unifying efforts that God uses to bring about revival.”
former Executive Director
Arctic Barnabas Ministries
Statement of Faith
Our convictions and doctrinal position are, ultimately, the Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible. Therefore, no grouping of words can fully express all that might be said as to our convictions and doctrinal position. However, as a general and comprehensive combination of the principal factors for which the Alaska Mission Connection stands, the following expresses our STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- THE BIBLE: The Word of God, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, verbally inspired in all parts, and therefore wholly without error as originally given by God (2 Tim.3: 16; 2 Pet.1: 21).
- THE ONE TRIUNE GOD: Existing eternally as three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Luke 3:22; Matt.28:19; 2 Cor.13:14).
- THE LORD JESUS CHRIST: His pre-existence and deity (John 1:1-3), incarnation by virgin birth (John 1:14; Matt.1:18-23), sinless life (Heb.4:15), substitutionary death (2 Cor.5:21), bodily resurrection (Luke 24:36-43), ascension into heaven and present ministry (Heb.4:14-16), and coming again (Acts 1:11).
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: His personality (John 16:7-15), deity (John 1:1-3), and His work in every believer: baptism and indwelling at the moment of regeneration (1 Cor.12:13; Rom.8:9); and filling (Eph.5:18), to empower for Christian life and service (Eph.3:16; Acts 1:8; Gal.5:22-23).
- MAN: His direct creation in the image of God (Gen.1:26-28), his subsequent fall into sin resulting in spiritual death (Gen.3:1-24; Rom.5:12), and the necessity of the new birth for his salvation (John 3:3-5).
- SALVATION: A complete and eternal salvation by God’s grace alone, received as the gift of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work (Eph.2:8-9; Tit.3:5-7;1 Pet.1:18-19).
- THE CHURCH: One true church, the body and bride of Christ (Eph.1:22-23; 5:25-32), composed of all true believers of the present age (1 Cor.12:12-13); and the organization of its members in local churches for worship, for edification of believers and for worldwide gospel witness, each church being autonomous but cooperating in fellowship and work (Eph.4:11-16).
- CHRISTIAN LIFE: A life of righteousness, good works and separation unto God from the evil ways of the world (Rom.12:1-2), manifested by speaking the truth (James 5:12), maintaining the sanctity of the home (Eph.5:22-6:4), settling differences between Christians in accordance with the Word of God (1 Cor.6:1-8), showing a Christ-like attitude toward all men (Rom.12:17-21), exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal.5:22-23), and maintaining a life of prayer (Eph.6:18; Phil.4:6).
- ORDINANCES: The Christian should observe the ordinances of our Lord Jesus Christ, which are (1) baptism of believers (Matt.28:19) and (2) the communion service (1 Cor.11:23-26).
- SATAN: His existence and personality as the great adversary of God and His people (Rev.12:1-10), his judgment (John 12:31), and final doom (Rev.20:10).
- SECOND COMING: The personal, visible and imminent return of Christ to remove His Church from the earth (1 Thess.4:16-17) and afterward to descend with the Church to establish His millennial kingdom upon the earth (Rev.19:11-20:6).
- FUTURE LIFE: The conscious existence of the dead (Phil.1:21-23; Luke 16:19-31), the resurrection of the body (John 5:28-29), the judgment and reward of believers (Rom.14:10-14; 2 Cor.5:10), the judgment and condemnation of unbelievers (Rev.20:11-15), the eternal life of the saved (John 3:16), and the eternal punishment of the lost (Matt.25:46; Rev.20:15).